Free Printable Chinese New Year Activity Set
Chinese New Year 2021 will take place on Friday, 12 February and will start the Year of the Ox! Print our free Chinese New Year activity set as part of your celebrations!
It is likely that traditional Chinese New Year celebrations will be more subdued in 2021 than in other years because of the Covid 19 pandemic. Fun Crafts Kids has therefore created a fun packed activity set to keep your friends and family entertained!
The pack includes includes:
- 10 x Chinese New Year Bingo Cards plus Calling Cards
- 6 x Chinese New Year Sudoku Puzzles with Answers
- 1 x Chinese New Year Word Search and Solution
- 12 x Chinese zodiac coloring pages
- 3 x Chinese New Year unlined drawing / writing pages
2021 – The Year of the Ox
The Ox is the second of the twelve Chinese zodiac animals. Legend states that the Jade Emperor proclaimed that order of the Chinese Zodiac would be set by the order that they arrived at his party. The Ox was destined to be the first to arrive, however the Rat tricked the Ox into giving him a ride! Just as they arrived at the party, the sneaky Rat jumped down ahead of Ox to become the first animal!
Oxen are best known for diligence, dependability, strength and determination!
Chinese New Year BINGO
We think Chinese New Year Bingo works best for 3-10 players. In order to play Chinese New Year Bingo you will need to download and print the Fun Crafts Kids Free Printable Chinese New Year Activity Set!
HOW TO PLAY Chinese New Year BINGO
The game is played on a Bingo scorecard made up of 25 squares — if you get 5 squares in a row, column, or diagonal, you win!
- The Caller takes the caller cards.
- Players take the bingo cards.
- The caller randomly draws a square caller card and calls from the bag or box out the Chinese New Year shape and then show the players the card.
- Players then look at their Bingo scorecard to see if they have the Chinese New Year shape called out. If yes, then place a bingo chip over the shape.
- Repeat the process until one player has filled all the patterns in a column, row, or diagonal and shouts “Bingo”.
- The first player to fill all the patterns in a column, row or diagonal and shouts “Bingo” wins the game.
- The louder the shout the better!
If you want more tips on how to play Chinese New Year Bingo click the following link: https://funcraftskids.com/chinese-new-year-bingo
Chinese New Year SUDOKU
Sudoku is a logic-based, number-placement puzzle. The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with numbers in order that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub grids or “boxes” include all the numbers from 1 to 9. The puzzle starts with partially completed grid that the player needs to complete. There will only one single correct solution! Download and print the Fun Crafts Kids Free Printable Chinese New Year Activity Set by pressing the button below.
HOW TO PLAY Chinese New Year SUDOKU
You play Sudoku on a grid of 9 x 9 squares, therefore a total of 81 individual spaces. Every row and column comprise 9 “boxes” (made up of 3 x 3 squares) – see the circle in the image below.
Each row, each column, and each box square, which all comprise 9 squares, needs to be filled out with the numbers 1-9, without repeating any numbers within the row, column or square.
Each puzzle includes some numbers in each “square” to start you off.
We can deduce that the top left square above is missing the numbers: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9. By looking at each column and row you can deduce by logic and process of elimination into which space each number should go.
If you want more tips on how to play Chinese New Year Sudoku click the following link: https://funcraftskids.com
Year of the Ox Crafts – Celebrating Chinese New Year
Are you are still looking for fun things to help celebrate Chinese New Year? Then why not head over to Red Ted Art which have collated a whole range of fun crafts with a Year of the Ox theme.
Click here for Red Ted Arts Year of the Ox Crafts
Fun Crafts Kids wishes you a prosperous 2021. Happy Chinese New Year!