Valentine’s Day Gnome Activity Set
To help you and your friends and family celebrate Valentine’s Day on 14th February, Fun Crafts Kids has produced a fun packed, free printable Valentine’s Day Gnome Activity Set.
The Valentine’s Day Gnome Activity Set includes includes:
- 10 x Valentine’s Day Bingo Cards plus Calling Cards
- 6 x Valentine’s Day Sudoku Puzzles with Answers
- 1 x Valentine’s Day Word Search and Solution
- 3 x Valentine’s Day coloring pages
- 1 x Valentine’s Day I-Spy
- 3 x Valentine’s Day unlined drawing / writing pages
- 1 x Valentine’s Day Maze
History of Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day, or alternatively Saint Valentine’s Day, is celebrated on 14th February as a day when lovers show their affection with love cards and gifts.
Valentine’s Day likely originates from the Roman festival of Lupercalia, which was held in mid-February. This festival celebrated the arrival of spring, fertility rites and a lottery that paired women with men.
Pope Gelasius I replaced Lupercalia with Valentine’s Day in the late 5th century and then became celebrated as a day of romance from about the 14th century.
VALENTINE’S DAY NEW YEAR BINGO
We think Valentine’s Day Bingo works best for 3-10 players. In order to play Valentine’s Day Bingo you will need to download and print the Fun Crafts Kids free printable Valentine’s Day Gnome Activity Set!
How to Play valentine’s Day Bingo
The game is played on a Bingo scorecard made up of 25 squares — if you get 5 squares in a row, column, or diagonal, you win!
- The Caller takes the caller cards.
- Players take the bingo cards.
- The caller randomly draws a square caller card and calls from the bag or box out the Valentine’s Day shape and then show the players the card.
- Players then look at their Bingo scorecard to see if they have the Valentine’s Day shape called out. If yes, then place a bingo chip over the shape.
- Repeat the process until one player has filled all the patterns in a column, row, or diagonal and shouts “Bingo”.
- The first player to fill all the patterns in a column, row or diagonal and shouts “Bingo” wins the game.
- The louder the shout the better!
Free Printable Unicorn Coloring Pages
Fun Crafts Kids has produced five free, super cute, printable unicorn coloring pages for you to enjoy with your friends and family. Just print out, get your coloring pencils, paint, felt tips or crayons ready and then start the fun!
Kids’ Valentines Day Ideas
If you are looking for some great craft ideas for kids on Valentine’s day why not check out Red Ted Art. They have published some great colorful crafts to keep the youngsters busy!